Sainte-Justine Youth Tree of Lights
In the past 12 years, thousands of students have raised over $7 million through the Sainte-Justine Private Schools Youth Challenge. A new philanthropic initiative emerged in 2020 with the Sainte-Justine Youth Tree of Lights to bring comfort and joy to the young patients, families and caregivers who spend the holidays at the hospital.
Sainte-Justine Youth Tree of Lights X Quebec’s Private Schools
Starting in November, students are asked to show their support for this very worthy cause and put a twinkle in the eyes of the children of Sainte-Justine.
By organizing an online fundraiser and sharing their messages of hope, they help light up the bottom of the Sainte-Justine Tree of Lights and kick off this signature annual year-end campaign. Participating youth approach people they know to help light up the tree, in exchange for a donation of $5 per bulb. Their efforts are unveiled at a grand ceremony during the Tree of Lights launch.
Every year, a hand-picked team of ambassadors, Sainte-Justine patients and spokespeople cheer on their efforts throughout the campaign.
In 2020, the Sainte-Justine Youth Tree of Lights was supported by 35 private schools. Together, students exceeded their initial goal of getting friends and family to sponsor 50,000 lights and made nearly 100,000 bulbs twinkle on the Tree. They found motivation and inspiration from campaign ambassadors Mateo and Yannik, whose lives were both changed by Sainte-Justine, and spokespeople Catherine Brunet and Pascal Morrissette.
Why Team Up with the Youth Tree of Lights?
Operating under the umbrella of the Fédération des établissements d'enseignement privés (FEEP), participating private schools can highlight the values that are important to them, namely determination, creativity and excellence.
Join this incredible outpouring of love and generosity from across the province:
- Get your school community to step up and support Quebec’s premier pediatric hospital
- Maximize the philanthropic impact of your efforts and minimize the time and human, material and financial resources required
- Benefit from significant media exposure and province-wide visibility
- Appeal to donors who are already sympathetic to the cause and obtain their support for an event that continues to grow year after year
- Join forces with the only campaign of its kind in Quebec, which enjoys the support of major media and corporate partners
When our youth shine, our entire society shines. With their support – and yours, the Tree of Lights will be a beacon of hope for Sainte-Justine.