How can the CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation help me organize my benefit?
The CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation can do the following:
- Offer advice and support with the organization of the event
- Send a Foundation representative to attend your event
However, given the busy schedules of our representatives and the high volume of events each year, we cannot guarantee this service.
- Issue tax receipts as required
- Provide Foundation promotional material (banners, posters, donation boxes, etc.)
- Provide visibility on our online activity calendar
- Authorize use of the Foundation name and logo (with prior approval of one of our advisors)
- Issue a letter attesting to the Foundation’s involvement in your event
- Offer advice on publicizing the event, on request
The CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation cannot do the following:
- Advance funds to cover expenses related to your event
- Provide you with Foundation donor lists
- Take charge of advertising your event
- Find volunteers for your fundraising activity
- Apply for permits or licences (e.g., meeting permits) on your behalf
We can, however, support you in this process.
- Provide details on the Foundation’s special contacts (e.g., celebrities or professional athletes)
- Provide auction or draw prizes
Event organizers are responsible for their own canvassing.
Will the CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation find sponsors for my benefit?
We can help you target sponsors that are a good fit for your event. However, it is up to you to approach the potential sponsors you selected with the help of a CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation consultant.
Will the CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation fund my benefit?
Under no circumstances can the CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation cover fees associated with an activity or provide a cash advance.
Will all those who participate in my activity be able to receive an official tax receipt?
Yes. However, you must provide us with a list of your donors, including the following information: full name, complete address, method of payment and donation amount.
Can I obtain promotional material for my fundraising activity?
Once your activity has been approved, we can provide you with various promotional items, such as banners, posters, donation boxes and literature about the Foundation and the CHU Sainte-Justine.
Can I solicit CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation donors to take part in my benefit?
Donor lists cannot be disclosed. We have a very strict confidentiality policy which does not allow us to share information about our donors.
Do I have to obtain a permit or insurance for my activity?
For any activity involving gambling (casino, bingo, poker), you must obtain a special permit from the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec. Visit the Régie’s Web site to download the permit application form. Once you have completed the form, please send it to us.
If you want to hold your event in a public place, you may need a certificate of insurance. Ask your advisor for further details.
How do I create an online fundraising event or page?
The first step is to complete an application form and submit it to the CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation benefit activities team.
Once your proposal has been approved, a Foundation representative will be in touch to help create your event or page.